11/04/2008

she dropped - Back from my 39 weeks appointment

I went in a day earlier because I thought something was going on with the fluid I am leaking. My OB checked today and he said it is not amniotic fluid ( which I almost thought he would say that ) but my body is "rinsing/cleaning" itself out. Sounds weird. The cervix is a little open now, but he didn't say how much, but he went through to lift Isabella's head to see if I would leak water when he does it. It was a bit uncomfortable when he did that but bearable.
He said her head is down now, and she dropped so that gives me a good feeling that something is going on.
I am having contractions now for the last 2 hours, they are 10 min apart, and they are quite uncomfortable, i.e. can't get out of the car when I had one before, but I still can talk to DH while I am having one so again not strong yet so no true labor yet !
I am not disappointed though, I am actually glad that something is going on now.... I would say a few more days more or less I hope.

The heartrate monitor showed that she was sleeping at first, just to wake up after I said out loud to DH " How boring..she is sleeping" She immediately woke up and started kicking and moving around for the next 20 min. We both were smiling.

My OB said if I am not delivering her until saturday ( my due date ) I need to come in monday for another check up and every 2nd day after that.

I sure hope I won't..but we will see :)

No comments: