8/05/2008

Pregnancy diabetes

I am back from the specialist and they told me that there is nothing they can change in my diet. I am eating very healthy right now and they don't want me to lose weight.
They gave me one of those little bloodsugar measurement units where you have a little pen and use it on your finger to test. I need to do it now everytime before a meal ( breakfast - lunch - dinner ) for 3 days, and in between if I like. They also want me to write down precisely what I eat and in what amount.
I have my next appointment on monday where they are going to check what the results are. They also did a bloodwork on me to see how my bloodsugar was the previous 12 weeks and the previous 12 weeks were absolutely fine. They said it is very common to develop something like that within the 26th-28th week.
If the results are not ok, the next step would be insuline shots. Since I am pregnant they won't be able to give it to me via medication, just shots.
But this is still out there and we will have to await the next appointment.
I did test while I was there, to practice and the bloodsugar level was great eventhough I ate just before my appointment. She said that the change in my diet ( with DH since he was here ) may show its results already. We will see.......

No comments: