Today I had my 2nd appointment after 1 week of testing my bloodsugar. It turned out that I even lost a bit of weight due to the change in my diet. There is nothing I can cut off, according to the diabetes consultant, because I would get a malnutrition otherwise.
I had to make a list of what I eat and how my bloodsugar behaves. It showed that I am eating healthy and my bloodsugar during the day is absolutely fine, but the bloodsugar after breakfast is way too high.
It is suppose to be < 140 and mine is between 167-200 !
I changed my breakfast a few weeks ago with DH, to cereals, because I thought that might be better, but now she said that I should change to wholewheat bread and try those for breakfast.
She wants me to check my bloodsugar 4 times a day now until thursday and then wants me to send her the results. Based on the results I have to take Insuline shots or not.
She gave me already a Insuline pen to take home with me, but told me to wait until thursday after she analyzes the results. I know it is "just" a pen but once I saw that needle again it reminded me of the hormone shots a while ago. She tried to make me feel better by saying " oh it won't hurt...the problem is just to overcome the fear and stick yourself"
I laughed and answered " I know..but THIS is the problem I have" :)
She also said that I will now see her once a month and that I will have to be monitored for the rest of the pregnancy. I am glad that they take care of me, but I never thought that a pregnancy would involve so many needles !!! Yuck!
Oh well......update on thursday!
8/11/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment