I have had 2 acupunctures this week. At first it was very weird to get those needles poked into your head, neck and lower back ( for my sciatic nerve ). Since I am dealing with horrible migraines lately ( 2-3 times a week having a headache was possible ), I had to come up with something else, since I do not want to take Tylenol all the time! My OB/GYN is also doing acupuncture and is a specialist for chinese treatments. I was glad to hear that. So I was laying on a massage chair ( the ones you see at the airports sometimes ), and he put the needles in on different spots. They never really hurt, but I would say that they are uncomfortable on some places. Especially the 4 needles in the neck release a lot of pressue. He then lets me sit there for another 15 min and the nurse comes and take the needles out.
Yesterday, it is very hot here right now ( 85 F ) and very very humid. Reminds me of AL right now :) So I get there, and of course feeling miserable. ( No aircondition in most of the german offices ! ). He inserted the needles and also added a few, ( on top of my forehead - yikes ) and 2 right below your nose. He warned me that they might hurt " a little" . ( those were for the hay fever ).
Wow he asked me if I am ready and I guess I said yes, but when he put the needle in, I immediately started getting watery eyes. He smiled and said that he knows they hurt but I am doing an awesome job...and there the 2nd one came...outch!
When the nurse came later and took the needles out, I started bleeding slighty where needles were and she said that is because of the hot weather and my vessels are expanded.
But, if this all helps for my migraine and hay fever, and if that means I do not have to take any meds anymore, so be it!
I really think the acupuncture is helping, because this week I haven't had a headache yet ( just a little one yesterday - but this one was even different ), and this weather is usually giving me headaches for sure!
He wants me back twice next week and then go from there.....
5/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
you are crazy irl. I would go to the chiropractor. That make my headaches and neck feel better. But whatever floats your boat. Youare so brave. Love ya!
April
Post a Comment