5/23/2008

Back from my OB - 16 weeks + 5 days


So first of all, I am further along again as we thought. I don't really understand why though, but oh well. So according to my OB I am 16 weeks + 5 days, therefore in my 17th week, which changes the duedate by a week ( now approx. 11/02/08 )
The baby was healthy and even waving at us. The OB and I had to laugh. He said it is very rare to get a picture like that. The baby measures 4 inches and has grown a lot since last wednesday.
They ordered a bit bloodwork, which includes toxoplasmosis ( bc of Sydney ), HIV, Bloodtype and so on.
I also talked to my OB about acupuncture because of my horrible migraine and he scheduled me for this coming monday.
So my next appointment is in 4 weeks, where they are going to check the babies organs and look if everything is where it is suppose to be. They also said that they offer a 3 D picture at the hospital but they assume I might have to pay it out of my own pocket. I will see how far I can postpone it, bc I really want DH there with me. The ultrasound is about 20-30 min and they put it all on DVD. We will see the baby the best way then.

I also asked my OB about the gender and he said it is now the time where we can find out. If the baby is a boy and is laying on its back, you will see it right away. I told him that I would like not to find out until DH comes home for R&R. He said he will not look for the babies gender until then, but he can never predict how the baby lays.

I also asked him if it possible to even feel the baby by now and he said yes. It is possible that what I feel is the baby already.

Oh and I want to recall my last posting. My OB said this is not true and he convinced me with his opinion about it.

I am a bit disappointed bc the nurse was suppose to put all the pictures of the baby onto my USB memory stick. She said she did, but when I came home , no pictures where on the stick. I will go back this monday for my acupuntcure and see if she can reload them.

I just have this one picture of the beanie waving at us ;) 5 little fingers ......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at that sweet little baby hand! You're blessing is growing! I'm so happy for you Angela.