9/13/2008

scary moment

I experienced one of the scariest moments during this pregnancy so far this morning. I was laying on the couch, watching tv as I felt a weird pain coming up. It increased to a terrifying pain which was breath taking. I would describe it as a strong burning sensation along with stretching sensation, down low. It got so bad that I was whimmering on the couch and all curled up. Luckily DH was around, and he jumped up right away. I was so glad he was around eventhough I could not really talk to him. It then went away for a few seconds and came back full force. Lasted a few seconds, which made me cry out loud again and I started sweating and then disappeared. Of course I didn't know what it was and my lower stomach was tight for the next hour or so. I then called my OB ( pretty much right after that ) and he calmed me down. He said that sounds like that I was moving funny and/or my uterus was pinching a nerv in my pelvis. The pain he described was exactly what I experienced. He said if those would have been contractions or something worse i.e. with the placenta I would have real contractions and they would last longer. Also my stomach would have tightend up if those were BH contractions or anything else what would harm the baby. He said if I feel better I can go ahead to the hospital and can get a test if those were contractions but he said he does not think that this is necessary.
He asked me if the baby was moving yet today and I said not so much, and he chuckled and said that the baby probably got scared too and felt the pain. This made me smile and I felt so much better. He said the baby probably will rest now and will start moving in a while again.

3 hours later, I am sitting here now and it has not happend again. The muscles seem still to be a bit tight but I feel better. The baby has started moving a lot already too and of course had her regular hiccups already ( she has hiccups about 3 times a day at least ).

I feel much better now, and again I am so grateful that DH is home, because this really would have scared me if I would have been alone.

No comments: