So last night when I went to bed, the baby started kicking again ( typical - was not awake when we needed it during the ultrasound ) but when I go to bed - ha!
A while ago I purchased that little equipement where you are supposed to hear the baby's heartbeat ( kind of a stethoscope - but fancier ) and it also came with 2 CD's and a tiny speaker set with a belt. The speaker are very little and you can attach them with the belt to your belly so the speaker stay in place.
The theory is that classical music stimulates the baby's brain ( since it can hear me and everything what is going on outside of the belly ) and/or soozes it down.
Last night when it was kicking so hard, where I was thinking: " This is going to be one of the long nights again.." I started to play some classical music ( You are just suppose to do it for not longer than 10 min and I did just for a few min ), and I was surprised to realize that the kicks were getting less and it seemed to fall asleep. The classical music I've played, I have played a few times in the past already. They say, the baby "remembers" the music after a while and it soozes it down.
After that I was able to sleep myself since the baby stopped kicking so hard.
I guess it helped, maybe it was coincidence, but from my experiences it kicks harder in the night when I am trying to sleep.
6/24/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment