10/29/2008

38 weeks 4 days OB appointment

Weight: 3.4 kg
Height: 53 cm


Again I am back from my appointment today. The baby is doing wonderful but probably just feels too cozy inside and decides to take her time, my OB said.
She measures 7 lbs 8 ounces and is 20.9 inches tall. According to my OB “ready to go”. I have 10 more days to my due date and my mom and I have a prediction that it goes another week, but could be any day now of course.
The cervix is very soft now and is about to dialate. What again, doesn't really mean anything since you can walk around with a 3 cm dialated cervix for weeks. But there is a progress going on ....
I just hope and don’t see me going another 2 weeks because the baby would grow very big up to that point. But of course no one knows for sure.
I just know that the Braxton Hicks contractions are getting stronger ( last night 5-10 min apart but still irregular ) and some of them make me hold on to the kitchen counter and bend over a bit until they fade off, and some of them are so light that I don’t really feel them.
The only thing I know is, that they get closer in quantity. I didn’t have them that often 1 week ago and since yesterday I start having them in the morning through the whole day.

So we will see where this is going……so exciting :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe she isn't THAT big.

At 36w2d Elric was at 8 lbs 1 oz. I ended up going early @ 37w3d and he was 8 lbs 8 oz.

Even if she gained an oz a day she wouldn't be that big of a baby.. You can do it naturally.. a baby that big can come out of your hooha. :D

Roan was right on time (one day early) and 9 lbs 1 oz.

Good luck, the end is near!!!!

Angela said...

Oh I know she is not that big yet. I just hope she is not getting too big. I will be ok. I am glad she is not too small either :)